I was nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers by Morrighan of Elysian Fields Book Reviews in October and I want to give her a big thank you for nominating my blog!! No BookBlogWriMo today since I’m overdue for this awesome award!!
There are a 5 simple rules to the award and here they are:
1.) Thank the blogger that nominated you, and link back to their blog in your post.
2.) Post the award’s logo on your blog.
3.) Answer the ten question asked by the nominator.
4.) Nominate ten bloggers for the award.
5.) Ask your nominees ten questions.
Now for answering Morrighan’s questions, which are:
- What is your favorite book ever? I know, this is a tough one!
I always talk about this book on my YouTube Channel, it’s The Chosen by Chiam Potok, Favorite book of ALL TIME 🙂
2. What book are you most anticipating reading?
Since it’s the end of the calendar year, I think for 2015, I would say my most anticipated book is anything with AMAZING writing style about dragons.
- What is your favorite genre? Least favorite? Why?
I just did a whole video on my favorite sub genres! But to summarize from that I’d say favorite genre science fiction / Fantasy and least favorite……ummmm I hate to be a stinker but I don’t have one!! I read form all genres. But if I had to choose one, I’d say romance. Why? I know it’s kinda looked down on as a inferior genre, by many readers, and I don’t hate it, I just don’t enjoy reading it, because when I read the message of the book is really important to me. Like for example, in my first novel the message was the importance of friendships. Incidentally, my favorite book’s genre was also friendship! I feel like the only goal for the protagonist in a romance novel is to find and consummate their love. Which I think is important, but I prefer books with action too, like Harry Potter and James Bond, Star Trek novels. Romance is a book is not enough to get me to read a book.
- What female character do you most relate with?
There are LOTs of female protagonists I can relate to, but as far as recent books goes I would chose the narrator of Go Ask Alice. Not because I have a drug problem, or ever did, but the way she talked to the reader in book made it feel like I knew her, and I felt what she left. I was insecure about my weight when I was in high school and I wanted to be a 100-lb, 5’7′ model. Even though I had a mom, dad and family, I sometimes felt alone because people don’t think like me, or I didn’t have enough friends. I also felt like I was forced to do stupid things because I was afraid to make my own decisions. One time my friend convinced me to wear a tight, short shirt, which came up when I bent down to pick up my pencil from the ground. And after I felt really subconscious. So yeah….Anonymous from Go Ask Alice. My second in place would be Sophie from Howl’s Moving Castle, but I’ll leave the explanation for another blog post 🙂
- What male character would you most like to spend the day with?
This is a tough question!! That’s because I can’t choose just one!! So I’ll choose Tariq from A Thousand Splendid Suns. He only had one leg, but he cared for Laila very much. Even after she was forced to marry Rasheed, he tried to get her back from his tyranny and protect her. He has a big heart, and he looks after people. Plus he went through such traumatic times in his life, like his leg being blown up by the Taliban .
- What is your least favorite book you’ve ever had to review?
This is a classic, but I’m going to say anyway just because it was hard for me to get through — Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achube. Why> It’s a good story, it’s just, it was hard for me to finish. I remember staying up til 3PM forcing myself to finish it.
- One of your favorite books that you feel deserves more attention and praise?
The one book I’ve read that I think deserves more attention and praise is none because I like mostly classics and they have been popular for a century or close to a century, or more! For example The Chosen, Go Ask Alice, or The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
- The most over hyped book you have read this year is..?
The Perks of Being a Wallflower and I think it’s worth every rave! It’s amazing.
- If you could live in one mythical world from a book, which would it be and why?
Love this question. I thought about it for some time, and I decided I’m not going to choose a book world. I’m going to choose a world from the Sci-Fi show, Sliders. In it, a team of 4 people, Wade, Quinn, Professor Arturo, and Rembrandt, travel from parallel world to parallel world. Along the way they help mothers-to-be, they lead an oppressed people to freedom, they save innocents and when their time on the timer is up, they move in to the next world. I love this because they help people, they explore new worlds, and they don’t have to deal with the consequences if they don’t things perfect — because by that time — they’re long gone, and have slid to another world. Because life is not easy, I think all of us would want to live in a world, where we didn’t have to deal with the consequences of our mistakes.
10. How many books do you physically own, either ebook or physical?
If I were to count them I’d probably come up with over 200! I have a few books on my shelves in my room, which you see in my videos, but in my garage/den there are three other tall bookshelves!! I only have a few ebooks — I’d say, probably 10 in total — one book I brought on feminism, a gifted handbook, comics called The 99, and a few classics I downloaded for free.
So that’s about it!!
- Raya – Vagenda Implied
- Holly – Chasing Destino
- Erin – The Hardcover Lover
- Ashley – Falling Down the BookHole
- Savvy – SavvyWorkingGal
- Rinn at Rinn Reads
- Oh the Book Feels
- Tika – FanGirl Confessions
- Christine – Eat Books for Breakfast
- Brittany – Book Bumblings
- Meredith – The Book Ferret
And my questions to my nominees are:
- What is your name, what is its meaning, and who named you? Basically talk about your name =)
- How long have you been book blogging and what’s your favorite part?
- Who is the most popular author on your bookshelf and why?
- Which is currently your favorite series?
- Is there any book you didn’t read this year that is a MUST READ for 2015?
- What is your favorite classic and why?
- What book do you recommend every one and their sister and cousin read?
- If you were to write a book about your life or something entirely fiction what would it be called?
- What drink do you like to sip when you are reading?
- What would your ideal cupcake look like?
I had fun reading Morrighan’s answers, and I’m looking forward to reading all of yours!! I will pick up with BookBlogWriMo tomorrow!