Mariam aka Mimi’s List
So I’m participating in this month’s Dusting Off the Shelf Read a thon hosted by Book Cleverness. It runs from August 1st-15th. This is a casual readathon to get some books read that have been gathering dust on our shelves for roughly 6 months.
Without further ado, here is my *fabulous* list!
- Read a book set in the past: The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
Read a classic. – See above!!
- Read a book written before 2010 – Windmills of the Gods by Sidney Sheldon (rereading this wonderful book!)
ALSO, I made a personal goal for myself to read 12 books. With 15 days, and this being summer, I thought roughly 1 book a day would be reasonable with the 3 extra days as padding if I fall behind.
- Games Creatures Play by Charlaine Harris – yep, still working on this one…ehh
- Are you my Mother? By Alison Bechdel
- Case Closed by Gosho Aoyama (Graphic Novel)
- Absolutely, Positively, Not… by David Larochelle
- Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
- Marvellous Stories from the Life of Muhammad (PBUH) – Children’s book
- Exit Music or Watchman by Ian Rankin
- Bachelor Boys by Kate Saunders
- The Autobiography of Malcom X by Alex Haley
- Catch Me If You Can by Frank Abagnale
* Read at least 100 pages a day – okay! will do! Wish me luck 🙂
FINAL GUIDELINE: And of course…the books must be neglected by you! One that’s been sitting unread for quite a while! – with a few tweaks, I’d said that is a check!
More details on my Trees of Reverie read a thon wrap up and on these books in my next video, which I’m going to try to do today….yep, today….umm hmm. K.
Soooo that’s it for now. Catch ya later, gator 🙂